A major tenet of acupuncture is that to reflect beauty on the outside, you must be healthy on the inside. Cosmetic acupuncture is a unique method of facial rejuvenation based on this philosophy.
How cosmetic acupuncture works
Cosmetic acupuncture — also known as acupuncture facial rejuvenation or an acupuncture facelift — is built on the same foundation as acupuncture, using many of the same theories. Due to its holistic nature, acupuncture focuses on the body as a whole and on the systems working together. In other words, if one part of the body isn’t working properly, it can affect other parts and cause imbalances.
Here is an example for skin care. A tree, when its leaves have been withered due to whatever reason, if you just try to coloring its leaves and want to make it look good, that way is not good. You have to water the root of tree to nourish, even re-generate, the leaves, and then, its leaves will maintain energy. The same reasoning applies to skin care for human beings. Remember, healthy skin is nourished by qi and blood which are produced from internal organs. So, the most important thing for skin care is to take care of your internal organs (root) and then you can have very good exterior (skin).
1. The first treatment includes a full Traditional Chinese medicine consultation, we will make a Chinese Medical diagnosis for you.
2. Acupuncture: According to your condition, we will choose different points for you. It has three purposes:
• First, it is to tonify Qi (energy) and blood.
• The most important thing to beautify the face is to have enough qi and blood in the internal organs to nourish the face. It is said to treat the root, not the surface.
• It can calm your spirit, release negative emotions, reduce your stress, and benefit your mental health.
Course of Treatment
• The course of treatment is 12 visits with best results achieved with two sessions per week for six weeks.
• Each visit is approximately one hour.
• Individuals will respond differently to treatment depending on age and lifestyle.
• Visible results will often be seen by the seventh treatment.
• Maintenance may be needed once per month.
For a complete consultation, please contact us at 905.816.9888